Are you hoping to do some spring cleaning? Finally getting rid of all that clutter in the house and hoping to make a little cash?!
Yard sales are a great way to do that and you’re certainly welcome to have a yard sale in the Town of Clayton. BUT…there are just a few rules that our Town code requires you to follow to help keep your neighbors happy and the Town looking great!
- We only allow yard sales on the property owner’s property.
- The Town only allows yard sales once every four months at the same house.
- And we don’t allow yard sales to last more than 3 days in a row.
Getting the word out about your yard sale
So how do you get the word out about your yard sale? You’re also welcome to advertise your yard sale, but we do have some requirements on the signs. We want to make sure that they do not make it hard for drivers to see at intersections and they do not create visual clutter in Town.
- You can NOT post yard sale signs on street lights, power poles, or in the medians of the road.
- You can NOT post yard sales signs in the right-of-way. A good rule of thumb for locating the right of way is to consider any land that is between a utility pole/sidewalk and the street will be right of way.
- Yard sale signs can NOT exceed 4 square feet in size.
- You can NOT put your sign up more than 7 days before your yard sale date and you need to take the signs down within 2 days following the sale.
If you have any questions about yard sales or rules for signs in Town, give the Town of Clayton Planning Department a call at 919-553-5002.