How can I get my property back?

The police department only receives property in three ways: evidence, found property, and confiscated property. Property may be claimed at the police department Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM till 4:00 PM by appointment only. Call to schedule your appointment. In order to claim property you must have current picture ID. There must be sufficient supporting information to prove ownership of any property to be claimed. Property collected as evidence can only be claimed with a court order which is obtained from court after the case has been tried. You may call 919-553-4611 if you have questions about claiming property.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get the Police to respond to my home?
2. How do I report an Animal Complaint?
3. How can I apply for a job with the Clayton Police Department?
4. How can I get a copy of a police report?
5. How can I get a copy of my local criminal record?
6. Where do I go to get fingerprinted for my job?
7. Suppose I remember something I forgot to tell the officer?
8. How can I get my property back?
9. What can I do with old prescription drugs or medicine?
10. Can my civic or child’s group tour the Police Department?
11. Who do I call to have a child restraining system (car seat) inspected?
12. How do I pay parking ticket?
13. Who do I call if someone is selling door-to-door without a permit?